Location: Fairfax, VA
Hours: Full Time
RMS offers a full range of company benefits (health, dental, 401k) and generous paid time off programs.
The Loan Officer Assistant supports the Loan Officer with the administrative work of finding prospective clients, guiding clients through the loan application process and gathering information to ensure that an informed decision can be made.
This is a licensed positions at RMS. Please include NMLS # on application.
- Input of complete and accurate loan applications.
- Input of fees to ensure that loan is disclosed properly and within company policy and state and federal regulations for compliance purposes
- Assist in and perform upfront pre-qualifications, pull initial credit report and determine the best program for the client
- Assist with the pricing and rate lock of the loan
- Obtain accurate Automated Underwriting System (AUS) findings
- Request complete and full credit documentation from client
- Prepare loan to submit to processing department
- Work closely with the processing department to ensure that loan meets all commitment and closing dates
- Participate in weekly pipeline calls with processing and Loan Officers
- Respond to telephone calls and emails from Borrowers, Realtors and Attorneys
- Assist Loan Officer in marketing efforts to secure future loan production
- Other job duties as designated by RMS
Minimum Requirements (including licenses, registrations and certifications)
- Active licenses in appropriate jurisdictions are required.
- Strong knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, RD and State Housing lending guidelines and requirements.
- Loan Officer Assistant must exhibit analytical skills, data integrity and customer service skills.
- Strong math skills including the ability to calculate discounts, interest rate, commissions and percentages.
- Strong communication skills, pro-active approach, able to work independently and ability to multi-task.